Microscope Based Digital Pathology System
Augmentiqs offers pathology labs a microscope based digital pathology system that fits with and enhances the existing microscope and pathology workflow. It’s low-cost, highly efficient and brings immediate cost-savings & improvements in care.
YOUR Microscope AS A Platform for Digital Pathology
The microscope remains as the most essential tool for diagnostic testing in cancer, genetics and infectious disease. It is found on every pathologist’s desk, offers vision quality and depth perception that can not be paralleled by any digital device, is easy to use and cost-efficient.
Augmentiqs transforms the microscope into a smart microscope, opening up a channel for multi-directional communication between the computer and microscope, and enabling the real-time deployment of digital pathology software applications directly from the microscope.
Augmentiqs makes use of the most advanced microscope camera to capture a full-field of view, and can display digital information inside the microscope eyepiece via patented augmented reality technology. By providing pathologists instant access to telepathology and computational pathology applications directly from the microscope and glass slide, pathologists can benefit from all the benefits of digital pathology at a fraction of the cost of traditional digital systems.
Your Microscope has now Become your Platform for Digital Pathology & Workflow Enhancement
Placed in the accessory port of any existing infinity-corrected light microscope, Augmentiqs is a plug & play solution that maintains normal viewing of the optical plane of the microscope while utilizing an embedded camera to capture a live view of the sample, and a novel projection system to offer augmented reality within the microscope eyepiece.
Augmentiqs further enhances digital pathology by offering an Open API thru which any digital pathology software can be deployed directly to the microscope – including artificial intelligence.
The combined approach of Augmentiqs provides a complete solution for all the basic – and advanced – technological needs of the pathology workflow.
Augmentiqs is a complete microscope-based digital pathology solution.
- Real-time Telepathology (consults, peer review, frozen sections)
- Computer Assisted Diagnostics (cell counting, color segmentation, AI)
- Augmented reality of the microscope eyepiece
- Image capture and annotations (Open file format TIFF, PNG)
- LIS integration
“As opposed to Digital Image Analysis applied to whole-slide imaging, (Augmentiqs) Augmented Reality Microscope is quicker to use, provides for the real-time and seamless integration of algorithms without the need to first acquire digital images, may be cheaper than buying a whole-slide scanner, and does not require special technical skills to operate.
Based on our calculation of direct equipment costs, the Augmentiqs ARM device is approximately 20 times less expensive than a high-capacity whole-slide scanner.”
Ki-67 Proliferation Index in Neuroendocrine Tumors: Can Augmented Reality Microscopy With Image Analysis Improve Scoring?
Liron Pantanowitz, MD
Journal of Cancer Cytopathology
Cost Benefits of Digital Pathology Within the Microscope
Lab managers and business directors are continuously being pressured to improve performance and cut costs.
Current digital pathology systems have been hailed as the one size fits all solution to replace microscope-based diagnosis, yet to date, evidence of improved performance, cost reductions or even better healthcare has yet to be seen.
The scientific literature is complete with papers and studies showing the benefits and needs of digital pathology. Augmentiqs is a microscope based system providing these same digital pathology benefits at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
- Telepathology, consultations, frozen sections etc..
- Proficiency testing & quality assurance while decreasing problems associated with the retrieval of glass slides.
- Eliminating the problems associated with loss of staining quality over time or loose cover slips.
- Quantitative image analysis (eg, HER2/neu, estrogen receptors, Ki-67).
- Creating databases of digital images that may be annotated for the creation of AI datasets.
- Improves pathology education and ensures every student views the same image.
A Fresh Approach to Digital Pathology Taking Place Inside Your Microscope
By turning the existing microscope into a connected device, pathology labs can obtain full digital functionality at a fraction of the cost of other solutions.
Augmentiqs meets & even surpasses the needs of the pathologists for going digital, provides true cost-saving benefits, new sources of income for business managers and solves the IT challenge by operating on a local system with a low data footprint and high data security.
Augmentiqs outperformed WSI & 3rd ocular cameras for innovation, speed, quality & value.
Deploying Digital Pathology from the Microscope
Provide The Highest Possible Care
- Maintain microscope routine
- Real-time collaboration
- View LIS information
- Capture and save images to patient files & PC
- Access to workflow enhancement tools
- Access to annotations, morphometrics and computer-assisted diagnostics
Increase Lab Profitability
- Low cost solution for digital functionality
- Enhanced workflow
- Keep using existing capital equipment (microscope)
Maintain Data Security at all Times
- Secure, local data storage
- PC-based software
- Industry-standard data security protocol
- Digital pathology solution that doesn’t require large servers and advanced storage solutions