TELEPATHOLOGY DATA SECURITY
Augmentiqs telepathology was designed for healthcare institutions following strict data security protocols and HIPAA compliance. To date, Augmentiqs has been implemented by hospitals, reference labs, contract research organizations, pharmaceutical developers, government agencies and other organizations with high data-security requirements.
Telepathology Data Security – Frequently Asked Questions for IT
Explain the Augmentiqs Software Application
The application is accessed via the PC, and for remote telepathology the software client is downloaded from the website https://augmentiqs.com/remote-telepathology-software-download
Describe the Authentication Method Utilized by Augmentiqs
What is the Access Control Used by Augmentiqs
The password control settings are as follows:
- Minimum length – 6 characters
- Expiration – 6 months
- History re-use – 6 last passwords
- Creation restrictions – at least one digit and one upper case
- Violation threshold checkout – 5 consecutive failed attempts
Augmentiqs utilizes an electronic procedure to terminate, lock, disable or otherwise secure an electronic session after a pre-determined period of inactivity.
Accounts can be managed by Augmentiqs IT or Institution IT department.
What Audit Control features does Augmentiqs provide?
- Invalid login attempts
- Successful login attempts
- Dormant user account activity
- User access activity tracking
- Patient centric access tracking
- Application administrator actions
Explain Augmentiqs Data Integrity
An Augmentiqs remote telepathology feature allows the transfer of annotations which, although not remaining on our servers, can be subsequently stored by the remote user. The purpose of these annotations is for specific lesion reference, and are added manually by the user. This feature can be turned off.
Augmentiqs application supports encryption of data in transit using TLS 1.2
An SSL certificate is used on server side.
How is Institution Data Protected and Stored?
Augmentiqs does not store any confidential data on its servers. The only exception to the stored data policy is user password, which is hashed and not known to us.
This data is stored on a highly secured cloud server.
In the event that an institution ceases the use of Augmentiqs, it is possible to remove any password data by sending a specialized request to our support team, which will then processed by our IT department.
Explain Augmentiqs Data Operations
Explain the Augmentiqs Communication Protocol
Augmentiqs requires Internet upload speed of at least 2 Mbps. For telepathology sessions with more than 3 remote viewers, an upload speed of at least 5 Mbps is recommended.
Augmentiqs requires the Internet-facing firewall to allow outbound/inbound TCP ports 443 and 80 connections. Optimal connectivity between parties should allow outbound/inbound TCP port 5777 connections.
Explain Augmentiqs Image Capture Data Protocol
How Does Augmentiqs Prevent Data Breach During Telepathology Session?
These steps show how data is protected:
- Augmentiqs separates the audio and video feed. In event one channel is breached, the other channel will remain secure.
- Microscope user will provide remote party with unique code to connect to their microscope.
- Remote party & microscope user will use telephone or other audio means to coordinate telepathology session.
- Remote party will request connection from microscope user via software client.
- Microscope user will accept the connection via the Augmentiqs software application.
Explain Augmentiqs Policy on Data Storage
Augmentiqs connects an unlimited number of remote viewers in a high-quality, dynamic & secured environment
Augmentiqs is a highly-secured telepathology solution that maintains data security protocols at all times.
- Log recordings of all users
- User specific ID
- Option for multi-layered entry requirements
- Highly secured, HIPAA compliant technology
- Separate audio and video channels