TELEPATHOLOGY IT INFRASTRUCTURE REQUIREMENTS
By including hardware & software components within a single package, and connecting to the pathologist’s existing PC, Augmentiqs is a high quality solution for real-time microscope sharing that easily fits existing telepathology & IT infrastructure requirements.
Augmentiqs is a telepathology solution that fits within the greater context of full digital pathology functionality directly from the microscope and existing workflow.
Augmentiqs telepathology is a seamless integration within the existing pathology infrastructure, connecting the microscope to the outside world while bringing to the pathologists real-time access to software applications, patient or case data and immediate consultations.
Connecting to the PC
Augmentiqs is connected to the controlling PC via the following cable connections.
- HDMI (x1) for visual information to the projector,
- USB 3.0 (main optical camera),
- USB 2.0 (data transfer), and
- mini-USB (stage tracking camera).
- The augmented reality is powered via medical-grade power supply connected to a wall outlet.
Telepathology Minimum Operating Requirements:
- Windows 7 or higher, 64-bit
- CPU: i7-6770HQ or comparable (4 cores, 8 threads)
- RAM: 8 GB
- SSD: 10GB
- Display: Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixel-resolution) with IPS technology for proper color gamut support.
- Graphics card supporting dual-monitor display.
- Internet upload speed of at least 2 Mbps. For telepathology sessions with more than 3 remote viewers, upload speed of at least 5 Mbps.
- Internet-facing firewall allowing outbound/inbound TCP ports 443 and 80 connections. Optimal connectivity between parties should allow outbound/ inbound TCP port 5777 connections.
Telepathology Calibration & Validation:
Augmentiqs is calibrated upon initial setup, with calibration settings saved as JSON format, enabling easy backup and debugging. Initial setup of the Augmentiqs system requires image resolution and white balance calibration for the specific microscope and is performed manually using the included calibration application; this process is displayed both on the PC monitor and in augmented reality through the microscope eyepiece.
Validation of Augmentiqs is performed according to institution-specific protocol, or according to SOPs provided by Augmentiqs.
Augmentiqs connects an unlimited number of remote viewers in a high-quality, dynamic & secured environment
Augmentiqs enables an unlimited number of remote participants to simultaneously join a telepathology session. The remote user’s experience and overall value of the consultation is enhanced by transferring a full-pixel image with lossless compression – regardless of individual bandwidth limitations.
- Lossless compression image transfer
- Unlimited number of remote participants
- Multi-directional annotation and morphometric software for all users
- Log recordings of all users
- User specific ID
- Option for multi-layered entry requirements
- Highly secured, HIPAA compliant technology
SCHEDULE A TELEPATHOLOGY DEMO
Learn more about Augmentiqs and HIPPA Compliant Telepathology